Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter
The Promotor of the “Double Your Refund” competition (“the competition”) is Mobile Business Devices Pty Ltd (ABN 17 602 368 945) trading as One Click Tax of 220 Wilding Street, Doubleview, WA (telephone 1300 707 117).
- Any information published on the website, social media pages or other advertising mediums by the Promoter on how to enter, how the Promotor collects and uses personal information and the prizes available to redeem (“Additional Terms”) form part of these Terms and Conditions as if restated verbatim herein, but to the extent that any Additional Terms conflict with any terms and conditions set out in this document, this document shall prevail.
- Eligible Entrants
Subject to clause 4, to be eligible to enter the competition (“Eligible Entrant”) you must be an Australian permanent resident or citizen whose usual place of residence is in an Eligible State, who is over the age of 18 years and whose 2018 Complying Return (see clause 6) was lodged via oneclicktax.com.au during the Entry Period (see clause 5).
Eligible State means WA, SA, NT, QLD, TAS or VIC (residents of NSW and the ACT are not eligible to enter this competition).
The Promotor reserves the right to require proof (to its satisfaction) of the eligibility of any entrant before awarding a prize. The Promotor reserves the right to, in its absolute discretion, disqualify any entrant who the Promotor has reason to believe is not eligible to enter the competition or has engaged in unlawful, unfair or other improper misconduct in relation to the competition.
- Ineligible Persons
Notwithstanding that they comply with clause 3, the following persons are not eligible to enter the competition:-
- Employees, subcontractors, consultants and agents of the Promotor and persons related to them by blood or marriage (“Excluded Persons”);
- any entity of which an Excluded Person has a controlling interest;
- any person associated with the competition or having any role in the conduct of any aspect of the competition.
- Entry period
The competition’s entire entry period opens 12.01am (Aus. WST) on 1st July 2018 and closes at 11.59pm on 28th August 2018 (Aus. WST) however to be eligible for any particular draw an entrant must have submitted their entry within the applicable entry period for that draw. The entry periods of each draws are as follows:-
|Draw Date||Opening of Entry Period||Closing of Entry Period||Closing Time|
|1st August 2018||1st July 2018 at 12.01 am||1st August 2018||12.00pm WST|
|8th August 2018||1st July 2018 at 12.01 am||8th August 2018||12.00pm WST|
|15th August 2018||1st July 2018 at 12.01 am||15th August 2018||12.00pm WST|
|22nd August 2018||1st July 2018 at 12.01 am||22nd August 2018||12.00pm WST|
|29th August 2018||1st July 2018 at 12.01 am||28th August 2018||11.59pm WST|
each being an “Entry Period” for the purposes of these terms.
- Complying Tax return
To be eligible to enter the competition, a Complying Tax Return must be lodged via oneclicktax.com.au during the Entry Period. A Complying Tax Return is a tax return lodged with the Australian Taxation Office via www.oneclicktax.com.au which meets all of the following criteria with respect to that tax return lodged:
- an individual tax return for the 2018 income year;
- with respect to the taxation assessment of an Eligible Entrant who was living at the date the Complying Tax Return was lodged;
- containing only accurate information and containing no information which may give rise to the Australian Taxation Office issuing a Taxation Assessment of an amount less than the estimated refund advised by One Click Tax at the time of lodgement of the return;
- which is eligible for a refund from the Australian Taxation Office of more than $1; and
- which, for the avoidance of doubt, has been lodged with the Australian Taxation Office (after submission via oneclicktax.com.au).
- How to Enter
After completing and lodging a Complying Tax Return with One Click Tax, users will be prompted with an opportunity to submit their contest entry online. The user must click “ENTER” when promoted in order to submit their contest entry. If a user does not click ENTER, at the point when they are prompted (whether because they clicked “DECLINE” or otherwise exited the prompt without clicking ENTER), then their right to be entered into the competition comes to an end. There is no subsequent right or ability to enter the competition.
On clicking ENTER, the entrant is deemed to have consented to the terms of competition as set out herein.
Only one entry is allowed per eligible entrant.
- Timing of Entry
Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of lodgement with the Australian Taxation Office and not at the time the entrant submits their return for lodgement with www.oneclicktax.com.au.
- Drawing the Winners
This is a competition of chance. Winners will be drawn at random.
One winner will be drawn each week for 5 consecutive weeks starting on Wednesday 1st August 2018 and each Wednesday thereafter with the last draw occurring on Wednesday 29th August 2018.
Each draw will be conducted at 2pm (Aust. WST) at Nero Design Office (410 Oxford Street, Mount Hawthorn, Western Australia). An Approved electronic draw software will randomly select a winner.
The results of each draw are final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the draw.
- Claiming Your Prize
Winners will be notified by public post on the Promotor’s Facebook page within 4 hours of completion of the draw and the Promotor will endeavour to contact the winner by phone (provided the winner has provided their accurate phone number).
Each winner has until 1pm (Aust. WST) on the Wednesday that follows the date of the draw that they won to contact the Promotor by phone or email to redeem their prize. For example, a winner drawn on the 1st August 2018 must contact the Promotor to redeem their prize by 1pm on 8th August 2018.
A winner of a draw is thereafter ineligible to enter any subsequent draws and their entry will be removed from the competition. For the avoidance of doubt, an entrant can only win one draw.
- Unclaimed Prizes
Any winner that fails to make contact with the Promotor during the prescribed period set out in clause 10 will forfeit their prize. Their will be no redraw and no second place winner.
- The Prize
The prize to be won at each draw is:-
- a cash prize in Australian Dollars;
- equal to the refund that the entrant was estimated by the Promotor to be eligible to receive from the Australian Taxation Office at the time of lodgement in relation to their Complying Tax Return; and
- to a maximum of $2,500.
The Promotor reserves the right to choose the method of payment for the prize – i.e cheque, electronic funds transfer or some other means.
The prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied or negotiated.
- General Clauses
- All entrants warrant to the Promotor that they are authorised to lodge any return lodged by them and that they are the person they identify themselves to the Promotor as.
- The Promotor’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on every person who enters the competition.
- The Promotor will not take any responsibility for any prize that is lost in transit or where incorrect remittance details are provided.
- The Promotor will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused (including consequential loss) in connection with the competition.
- Without limiting the foregoing, the Promotor is not responsible for any failure of systems, servers, hosting platforms, technical errors, server crashes or anything of the like including any omission, interruption of availability, deletion, defect, delay in transmission or failed communication systems.
- Subject to direction and requirements of the Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor Western Australia, if for any reason the competition, or any draw of the competition cannot run as planned for reasons beyond the reasonable control of the Promotor, the Promotor reserves its right to cancel, suspend, modify or terminate the competition.