The most popular question from every tax season is: “WHERE IS MY REFUND?”
It is a great time now to discuss how we process your refund and what is the estimated timeframe for the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) to process your refund.
- Lodge tax return: After you have lodged your tax return through our system. It will then automatically lodge your tax return to the ATO.
- Processing time: The ATO will then process your tax return. The usual estimated processing time is between 14- 21 business days. From the last tax season, 8 out of 10 tax returns were received faster than we expected, within only 10 business days!
- Trust Account: The ATO will transfer your refunds into our trust account. We will then do a direct deposit into your bank account on the next business day after deducting our accounting fees.
- Direct Deposit: It can take up to 1-2 business days, depending on the bank processing time.
Why the ATO take longer than 21 days to process?
Some Tax Returns might take longer than the usual 14-21 business days for the ATO to process. The reasons could be as follows:
- Paper tax return: It could take up to 30 days for them to manually process your tax return and issue the refund.
- Amended tax return: As it is an amendment, they may take longer than usual.
- Overdue tax return: During the tax season, ATO will focus on the current year tax returns first, rather than overdue tax returns from previous years.
- Existing Debt: If you have existing debts with the ATO, Centrelink or any other government agency, the ATO might take a longer time to look at these debts, potentially using your refund to pay off some of these debts.
**Please note that the ATO will not accept any enquiry about the tax return until 30 days after lodgement.
For more information please contact us or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lodge your tax return through us and automatically to the ATO
ATO will verify and process your tax return. This process will take between 14 to 21 business days.
ATO wil transfer the refund into our bank account. We will deduct our fees then transfer it back to you. Remember, no refund = no fees
Direct debit into your nominated bank account! The transfer might take a few business days depending on your bank and their transfer schedules.